LinkedIn Profile: LinkedIn/wnylibrarian
Gary Ciszewski, MLS.
Current position: Library Automation Specialist
- Activities include software/data installation of Integrated Library System (ILS) software, record maintenance, record ordering assistance to district participants, provision of telephone/on-line assistance of supported programs, and basic instruction/review of automation processes. ILS systems include proprietary database systems and MSSQL.
- Responsible for record management and ILS troubleshooting for K-12 schools.
- Creation and maintenance of in-house database (MySQL) to track participating members and cross-reference their data.
- Creation of web-based statistical submission system (PHP/MySQL) for member libraries to report inter-library loan statistical information and integrated MS Access reporting system for submission to State Education Department.
- Creation of [library] check-in attendance system integrated with customer’s ILS (MSSQL/MS Access).
Skills required: Database Design, Database Applications (Microsoft Access), Database Management, PHP/MySQL, MS SQL, Visual Basic, SQL, Linux, Dreamweaver, HTML, Drupal CMS, Web development, Phone Tech Support, Customer Relationship Management.
Library Manager and Staff Coordinator: 2000-2002
- Responsible for supervision of student staff; creation and continued coordination of staff schedules.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the library and continued expansion of further services and materials offered to students, e.g., collection development.
- Oversee current University Library School interns and assign duties in conjunction with their current studies.
- Maintenance of library website that was originally established while I was serving as a student assistant.
Skills required: Database Design, Database Management, MS Access, Dreamweaver, HTML and Web Development, Customer Relationship Management.
Office Manager/Tech-support/Webmaster: 1992-2003
- Responsible for all clients’ information on their message centers through various mediums, i.e., telephone, fax, e-mail and the sending of files via proprietary software.
- Provided phone and on-site technical support.
- Created and maintained a database used to track clients.
- Established company’s initial website in 1996. Off-line in 2003.
Skills required: Phone Tech Support/Customer Service, Database Design, Web Design.